HP Pavilion a610 Information

spuds 10:56 14 Nov 04

My neighbour as just purchased an HP Pavilion a610 computer system from Staples, which I think is on special offer at the moment.They purchased as an impulse buy for a child/teenagers Christmas present, and by all accounts the sale went through with very little information given or offered.

A question as now been raised as to the good and bads etc of this particular model, and we were wondering if anyone as knowledge of this product, who perhaps could share their views on the HP Pavilion a610.One particular concern that I have raised is the non supply of any software except a copy of Microsoft Works, the pre-installed Microsoft XP Home is on the hard drive. A recovery disk is possible via a download, and burn to a cd, which I would regard as a poor start for new beginners.I believe a recovery disk can be obtained from HP,and we will need to contact HP about this.Any advice/help would be appreciated.

spuds 12:21 14 Nov 04

This is the computer click here

Graham ® 12:35 14 Nov 04

hp, like many manufactures now, do not supply installation/recovery discs. The recovery facility is on a partition on the hard drive.

Has the PC will be under warranty for at least 12 months, nothing to worry about yet.

When my hp was nearly out of warranty I contacted them to say I thought the hard drive was failing. At first they wanted to fetch it in, but I said I couldn't be without it.

They then sent me System Recovery on 5 CDs.

spuds 14:30 14 Nov 04

Graham--Thanks for the information about the Recovery CD's.The instruction book! seemed a little confusing as to the amount of cd's required, as it appeared a case of start the PC and see. All warranty details both for the a610 computer and the v72 monitor are for 1 year [with conditions], which seems a little tight comparing with other manufacturers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…