hp pavilion a608.uk desktop

sparepart 20:53 15 Apr 07

My wife has a hp pavilion a608. uk desktop which is exceedingly slow. It has an Intel Celeron D Processor 325, 256MB DDR-SDRAM and 40GB Ultra DMA hard drive. By slow I mean positively snail like. Is there anyone out there that can help me speed it up please?

MAJ 21:02 15 Apr 07

There isn't a lot of memory installed, especially if you're using XP. A memory upgrade is possibly needed. What operating system is it using? A reinstall of Windows would also speed things up if you had the Restore CDs or a full Windows disk. If the slowdown is a recent thing, a scan for viruses, spyware, malware etc. might be a good idea. A general cleanup of files and a defrag of the hard drive wouldn't do any harm either.

MAJ 21:13 15 Apr 07

Memory upgrade for your computer. click here

MAJ 21:20 15 Apr 07

Crucial memory. click here

To be sure of getting the correct memory from Crucial, use "The Crucial System Scanner" click here, click the "Scan my system" button. Or call them on Freephone: 0800 013 0330.

sparepart 17:06 16 Apr 07

Thank you MAJ for the advice. I will give Crucial a call and give it a good clean out of redundant files. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…