hp pavilion 1503 stopped working...and was working fine

pmckee 13:01 19 Oct 13

i'm in setup....don't know what to look at Operating system not found was original statement turned off for a few min...then on..... the error was ctrl alt delete....did that and now in F2

under main.....it says bios revision was 10/14...which is when i suspect it went goofy. someone was trying to use it ...didn't know how and was pressing lots of keys....then black.

can you walk me thru this to see if i can restore

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:58 19 Oct 13

Its either failed to find your hard drive or failed to find the boot files on the drive.

Asuume this is a laptop?

What operating system are you using XP Vista or W7?

While in the BIOS (setup) has the machine found and recognised the hard drive?

Is the boot order set as CD rom first and HDD second?

Can you remove and refit the drive to remake the connections as that may well solve a missing drive problem?

woodchip 19:06 19 Oct 13

Will it go to safe mode by pressing F8 at startup, if it will do a system restore

woodchip 20:12 19 Oct 13

PS I run a HP 510 Laptop with Centrino CPU. With my Laptop F11 gets me into recovery if pressed when booting but you will lose all your work if you run that option. Its a last resort if you do not have any Backup Images

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…