HP Officejet install problem (USBPRINT)

splinternet 00:27 06 Nov 05

I'm having a problem installing an HP Officejet 7310. I get msg: "There was a problem installing this hardware - Officejet 7300 (USBPRINT)". The parts of the installation referring to USB Compatible Devices and USB Mass Storage Device seem to be OK. My USB worked OK for a previous printer. In Device Mgr, under Processors, I notice an exclamation mark against "AMD Athlon XP 2800+"; under Properties, it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" but the troubleshooter tells me to uninstall and reinstall the device. Is this wise to try, given that I don't have any install disk? Would AMD or Microsoft perhaps have a driver I could download? (If I uninstall the driver for this "device", won't the whole cpu stop working?)

Giggle n' Bits 00:52 06 Nov 05

If you haven't installed the HP supplied patches, I would recomend them. click here

Is this a Windows XP machine ? and have you got SP1 minimum ?

splinternet 10:59 06 Nov 05

Hi Skoda Driver (Octavia VRS, natch?) thanks for your response, and I'll follow up the patches. My machine is XP Home Edition 2002 SP2. Is the AMD Athlon thing just a red herring, or might it be relevant?

splinternet 11:06 06 Nov 05

Have checked the patches on the HP 7310 web page, and I'm already at the latest version - 4.7.0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…