HP officeJet 7130 help

Giggle n' Bits 13:10 29 Oct 06

running BT Broadband using this multi-function device. The device has a Fax facilty built in. Can you use Broadband to send & recive fax's ?

Also if I install this 7130 on my machine and I am unable to use faxing through the computer software could I manually do it throguh the device itself.

At the moment the calbe is plugged into the telephone socket and when the phone rings, it only rings twice and goes stragiht onto awnsering a fax, you carn't take incomming calls as the fax keeps getting it first.

Help please

FreeCell 16:04 29 Oct 06

You don't use broadband to send a fax all you need to do is to plug the fax lead from the HP device into a filtered telephone socket on the broadband line (just like any telephone) and it should work fine. Incoming fax will be received on the number for the telephone line you have used.

Don't know the HP7130 but I have an HP 2610 multifunction as I believe the functionality is the same. You can use it to send faxes manually using the keypad on the device. There is also settings in the device options to change the number of rings for a fax before the machine answers. You can also set it to manualy answer if you prefer. Should all be in the manual click here

Giggle n' Bits 23:40 29 Oct 06

Thanks for that, finding the maual helps ! its a simple case of setting the actual answer of rings.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…