HP office jet g85 - Cartridge problems

camier 21:43 26 Sep 03

My colour ink ran out ages ago, and I just changed it, the new cartridge wont work, and its driving me nuts! I've cleaned the cartridge contacts and the cartridge alignment always fails

xania 22:42 26 Sep 03

Sounds to me that you my have damaged the printer when you removed the old cartridge. I doubt you'll have much joy trying to fix it yourself. Get in touch with the supplier and try to get it sorted under warranty. HP used to come out with a refurbished printer and take your fault one away. Don't know whether this is still their policy but could be worth a try.

Djohn 22:51 26 Sep 03

xania may be correct with this, but looking at your thread again, You say your colour ink ran out ages ago and you are only now replacing it. It just may be that the head is blocked with dry ink. Give it a couple of cleaning cycles, then leave overnight and then a couple more in the morning. It just might come back to life. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…