HP Notebook laptop won't charge

crespo 21:12 28 Aug 13

Hi, my laptop has been starting to lose power even when i charge it. I've tried taking the battery out / holding down the power button and even storing it in the fridge. When it does charge it's only for a while at 99%. Can someone help me how to "hold the charge", as i sent off for a replacement and it's turned out to be the wrong one. Help !

woodchip 22:08 28 Aug 13

How Old it the Laptop and What Model is it, I am posting this from a HP 510 Laptop that is about 6 years old. Still on original Battery It as a mobile Centrino CPU 2.13Ghz

woodchip 22:14 28 Aug 13

PS My Model number is bottom right, on the screen surround

woodchip 22:14 28 Aug 13

PS My Model number is bottom right corner, on the screen surround

alanrwood 09:36 29 Aug 13

Sounds as though it has given up and needs to find its way to the Toxic Materials bin at your local disposal site. All the palliatives that you read about are rarely effective for long so a new battery is the only option I'm afraid.

onthelimit1 11:20 29 Aug 13

Some of them only last a couple of years or three. Recycle it and buy a new (correct) one, I'd suggest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…