HP Media Centre m1190.uk Video Problem

thompcraig 09:29 07 Apr 07

I have a HP Media Centre m1190.uk The monitor powers down into power saving mode after about 60 seconds. This still occurs if the PC is booted into the BIOS screen after the same time period. I have tried changing the replacing the video card but the same problem occurs. I have tried with both flat screen and CRT monitors with no change. If I switch off the monitor and PC and change the video connection (there are two video outputs) I can get the problem to clear transiently ie for about 60 seconds. It would appear that something is powering down the video output shortly after bootup. I have restored the BIOS to default values to no avail. There are no power saving options in the BIOS to change. Is this a hardware fault?

handy4x 20:16 07 Apr 07

how meny memory sticks do you have instaled if two try removeing one then if that dont work try the other one as it seems to be hardware related
or could be hard drive also check all cables are pushed home fully ect

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…