hp lightscribe problem

seanhughes1 09:49 12 May 06

hi, i have recently bought a hp dvd640i lightscribe dvd writer and i have installed surething se software that came with it. the problem i have is that when i start a new project on the new label wizard it does not allow me to choose a lightscribe project so i therefore cannot label my discs. i have been on the surething help and followed directions to make a lightscibe disc but it says that on the wizard there should be a choice to start a lightscribe project, which there is not? does this mean it is not recognising i have a lightscribe drive? and does anyone know of a different labelling software i could try? thanks for your help
sean

SG Atlantis® 09:54 12 May 06

do you have more than one drive installed?

When you start a new project make sure the right drive is selected.
try this website click here for some extras and help.

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:57 12 May 06

Have you got the host software installed only it will not work without this.
assuming XP
click here

Wolfshead 19:38 07 Dec 06

I had a similar problem with a Samsung lightscribe drive. When I went to create a label it said there were no lightscibe devices installed. I e-mailed Samsung and got a reply which directed me to edit the register.

You can solve this problem as follows:Choose Start > Run. Type “regedit” in the Open text box and then click OK.
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\allo catecdroms (Right Windows)
Change the valuation of 1 in 0.
And restart the PC.

You could try this if you haven't managed to sort it already.

It worked for mine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…