HP Laserjet Printers

PhlipChip 15:21 08 Feb 03

Has anybody used any of the HP LaserJet series of printers, the 4,5 or 6L and can vouch (or otherwise) for their usefulness. I fancy getting one simply for 'quality' text documents, ie, CV's, etc. I am aware of the 'paper grabbing problems' but bear in mind I want a quality finish am I better getting a mid/high end Epson ?

Pesala 15:36 08 Feb 03

Cannot speak for later HP Laserjets, used the 4L many years ago (4ppm). As far as print quality is concerned, I woulnd't have any qualms about Epson Printers. I use EPL 5900, the EPL 5900L is even cheaper, and more suited to personal desktop use.

click here

If you want lower running costs, or heavy use, you need to look at other models. This one got PC Advisor's award

click here

david4637 15:58 08 Feb 03

Got a HP5L, this range (4 & 5)suffers from poor paper take up, and paper jams. Print quality is excellant. Buy one knowingly. David

Diemmess 16:06 08 Feb 03

Laser Printers are probably a similar experience at any given price bracket between HP and Epson.

Long coveted one and 18 months ago bought an EPL 5800. Like all on this thread so far, I wanted quality output, and greater printing speed.

Output quality is superb. Speed very good, but have yet to achieve a long print run without a paper jam....... which is not good at all!

PhlipChip 16:12 08 Feb 03

Thanx for the info thus far.The EPL 5800 and 5900 are a bit rich for my blood. I only need it purely for the odd document but I am not overly impressed by the text quality even on good paper using either my HP Deskjet 3822 (whicjh prints superb photos, and all for £40 in the PC World sale) and the Lexmark Z33. The HP just about pips it but is still not crisp enough for me.

Pesala 16:49 08 Feb 03

If you want cheaper, try the Minolta Page Pro

click here

You won't find laser printers much cheaper than that, but try Morgan Computers. This one looks pretty good:

click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…