HP laserjet 4 pcl5 Driver ? for Win XP

Rtus 21:01 09 Aug 05

Driver needed to operate the above model printer within winXP. Ive tried a couple so far & it print incorrectly (wrong font/garbled printouts) this printer faily old but works well..on W98se/Wme .but system now upgraded to WinXp ,I cant find a reference to the model On hp download site (probably too old for support) only ones I can find are series 5 upwards ..does any one have a model like this one running on WinXp-- any workarounds? Dont want to have to discard printer... Thanks for any input...

Rtus 22:50 09 Aug 05

As far as I can be certain .its not supported by Xp although any of the series 5 through to 6 series printers & later are . but not the 4 series unless it hidden away somewhere?

Belatucadrus 23:02 09 Aug 05

I've just had a browse through the driver list using the XP add printer Wizard and the HP Laserjet 4 is on the list.

click here if it doesn't show up on yours for some reason.

DieSse 23:54 09 Aug 05

Here it is (on the HP website!)

click here

Rtus 00:23 10 Aug 05

thanxs guys I just found that 1 & downloaded it forwarded the link & instuctions on ,Hopefully that solves . Tipically I went & looked under discontinued & found it listed there ,All I could find on Hp search before was the version 5 etc . Anyway thanks again Chaps...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…