HP Laserjet 1200 - lost facilities in XP

jonmac 21:40 28 Nov 03

Under Win 98se my HP Laserjet printer had a whole range of options available including booklet printing. Having upgraded to Win XP Pro and re-installed the printer most of these options are no longer available under properties.
Does anyone have a solution? Is there any add-on software that would allow me to print booklets, four pages to an A4 sheet, front and back?

Mike ® 21:47 28 Nov 03

I think that you are using xp's native drivers, rather than hp's xp drivers pport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=29790&t

Mike ® 21:48 28 Nov 03

click here try this instead

jonmac 22:54 28 Nov 03

Mike, I did do that download on the grounds that it would be the most up to date but it looked a bit small at c1.8 Mb so used the original installation disk instead which came with the printer a while back.
But your thoughts sound right so maybe I'll undo the installation and try again. Trouble is I always seem to have trouble getting this printer to install on the USB connection, although it is working right now. I lost the installation leaflet some time back so I'm never sure if I'm doing it right. There was no readme file on the disk. Could you outline the procedure for me please?

Mike ® 23:03 28 Nov 03

I have an hp inkjet printer and as far as I can remember I installed the new drivers with the printer disconnected, and then rebooted with it connected. Then pointed the new hardware wizard to the drivers.

jonmac 14:16 29 Nov 03

Tried again several times with the disc but although I managed a USB installation OK the options were limited to 300 dpi and no booklet printing.
Finally I went through the "add new hardware" route, pointed at the unzipped latest drivers download location and all reverted to normal including booklet printing, except that I can only get 600 dpi instead of 1200. I reckon that'll just have to do.
Thanks for the help and advice all.

Big Elf 14:34 29 Nov 03

The advice given to me by HP for my 1100a printer was to install the original drivers and software then install the updated driver over that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…