HP Laser Jet 4L

Peppers 20:00 19 Mar 04

The above always with a blank sheet of paper on boot-up of computer. Any ideas why?

A second problem. In MS Word (xp pro) the show/hide paragraph sign is always on -- Doesn't stop the computer working but the dots, arrows & paragraph signs can be annoying to say the least. Is there a way to get this working properly once again?

Eric10 20:55 19 Mar 04

I don't know about your paper feed problem unless deleting the printer and reinstalling it with the latest driver version helps.

For your Word problem I would think that searching for Normal.dot and deleting any that you find should cure it. A new standard template will be created when you next start Word.

Mine does neither, so I can only suggest that you remove the printer electronically and let XP refind it and install the drivers again.

HTH

With regards the formatting marks...

Go to Tools - Options and select the View tab and remove any ticks that are in the section Formatting Marks.

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…