HP laptop registering

lost luigi 15:40 11 Oct 10

I cant stop my HP laptop Dv 2000 asking me to register with them (HP).. have tried registering, also tried dont ask me again, but every 5 mins its back asking me to do it again...please help if you can thanks....

northumbria61 16:31 11 Oct 10

Have you registered your product ?
If so you should be able to Run MSCONFIG from the RUN prompt (Start button/Run or Search ) and find the entry that deals with this and UNTICK - then reboot.

lost luigi 17:13 11 Oct 10

Yes have gone through the registration...have had a look in MSCONFIG cant see anything obviously relating to the problem but did stop hpqwiex HP Development, but that did not fix it so started it again...

woodchip 17:20 11 Oct 10

Why not ring HP you will find them very Helpful they was with my Laptop

northumbria61 21:30 11 Oct 10

lost luigi - take your pick from here as to how you wish to contact HP Support. click here There is email or online chat (text) if you don't want to telephone and speak to anyone but it may be quicker if you do.
I have only had to contact HP Support once, now many years ago and I would agree with "woodchip" you will find them very helpful.

lost luigi 15:40 12 Oct 10

Thanks all for that, found a Prog in add/remove called HP easy set-up and total care, remove them and that seems to have fixed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…