HP laptop probs

gazzer1999 19:20 21 May 09

Hi all My hp dv6285 laptop has appeared to pack up its 2 years old, and has been brilliant until last night.I left it running and when I came back to it, it would not come out of sleep mode.So powered off and now it will not boot, when you switch on all the lights come on and thats it, nothing on the screen at all. Have done all the usuall take the battery out, reseatted the memory/hard-drive, still nothing. Had recently put windows 7 R.C. and all had been ruuning well.
Any suggestions would be most helpful.

mfletch 19:27 21 May 09

Will it boot into safe mode

Start into SAFE MODE

1/As your computer starts but before Windows launches, press F8 repeatedly.
2/Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
3/If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again
PS/ Sometimes it maybe the F5 key

If yes do a system restore

birdface 19:56 21 May 09

Disconnect mains cable.Remove battery.Hold down the on switch for 10 seconds and then connect everything again and try it.
If it still does not work remove the battery and just use the mains power and see if it works that way.If so the battery may be dead.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:02 21 May 09

"Lights come on"

Any sound from fans or hard drive running?

could be screen backlight / invertor. or stuck in external monitor mode, can you plug in an external monitor and use the key combination to change to from external monitor (Fn + one of the f keys usually)?

woodchip 22:47 21 May 09

Try starting without Hard Drive, see if it will show a DOS screen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5