HP Laptop // None - Barely WiFi Signal

Elvis Bogdanovs 20:57 04 Jan 15

Before I start, I have decent knowledge of computing, so stick with the uncommon answers. Hello, I am currently having a issue with my HP Laptop. I am receiving barely any to none WiFi signal, and this is being right next to the modem. It has been like this for at least 5-6 weeks, and never thought I'd fix it as I use my desktop. The laptops connection drivers are all updates, uninstalled and re installed. The radio option is enabled, and I highly doubt there are any driver issues. The WiFi button is obviously off, and the connection manager is enabled, as well as the WiFi is enabled. Only this device has this issue, I can connect from others rooms with 5 bars, but with the laptop, only 1. By any chance is there a possibility that the Wifi chip has been damaged, or is that even possible? If you have any answers, please, I need help!

Thanks in advance. -Elvis

BillSers 05:59 05 Jan 15

Only takes a few mins and worth trying click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:47 05 Jan 15

Winsock fix click here

BillSers 04:13 06 Jan 15

Same fix.

Elvis Bogdanovs 18:40 08 Jan 15

Unfortunately the fix hasn't worked. Any other suggestions?

Elvis Bogdanovs 18:43 08 Jan 15

I'm getting 1 Bar, with the signal strength saying sometimes "No signal" with 2 Mbps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017