HP Laptop Hard Drive Mounting Kit

PO79 17:28 12 Feb 09

I have an HP DV9850EA laptop with a WD 250GB HD, and room for a secondary HD. I purchased the same WD 250GB OEM HD to mount as the second HD. Unfortunately this requires mounting frame\kit or it will not go in. HP do not sell these as a separate item only as a complete HD replacement kit at three times the price of a third party bare drive. I have scoured google in an attempt to locate the mounting kit with no luck, unless of course someone knows different. Any ideas as to where I can lay my hands on one of these please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 12 Feb 09
  T0SH 19:20 12 Feb 09

You can get the maintenance and service guide in PDF from here it may help you get the part numbers

click here&

for the hardware kitting parts try e-bay

Cheers HC

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:40 12 Feb 09

Unless I am missing teh obvious, I have always used these and they fit any drive with a bit of minimal fiddling......click here

G

PO79 13:44 13 Feb 09

Fruitbat - Thanks good site, but don't have what I need.

Tosh - Thanks, I have downloaded the parts manual for future reference.

Gandalf - Useful info and dirt cheap, unfortunately it's a specific HP part, a hard drive caddy that fits to the HD and is then inserted internally to the laptop.

I have found what I need in the USA click here and although I don't usually consider buying from either the USA or EBay I have bitten the bullet as it were, and ordered it.

Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch