HP Laptop Hard Drive Mounting Kit

PO79 17:28 12 Feb 09

I have an HP DV9850EA laptop with a WD 250GB HD, and room for a secondary HD. I purchased the same WD 250GB OEM HD to mount as the second HD. Unfortunately this requires mounting frame\kit or it will not go in. HP do not sell these as a separate item only as a complete HD replacement kit at three times the price of a third party bare drive. I have scoured google in an attempt to locate the mounting kit with no luck, unless of course someone knows different. Any ideas as to where I can lay my hands on one of these please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 12 Feb 09
  T0SH 19:20 12 Feb 09

You can get the maintenance and service guide in PDF from here it may help you get the part numbers

click here&

for the hardware kitting parts try e-bay

Cheers HC

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:40 12 Feb 09

Unless I am missing teh obvious, I have always used these and they fit any drive with a bit of minimal fiddling......click here

G

PO79 13:44 13 Feb 09

Fruitbat - Thanks good site, but don't have what I need.

Tosh - Thanks, I have downloaded the parts manual for future reference.

Gandalf - Useful info and dirt cheap, unfortunately it's a specific HP part, a hard drive caddy that fits to the HD and is then inserted internally to the laptop.

I have found what I need in the USA click here and although I don't usually consider buying from either the USA or EBay I have bitten the bullet as it were, and ordered it.

Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…