HP Laptop Display goes off

woodchip 23:58 03 Apr 09

Any Ideas about the above? The Laptop is still running as when I press the Start button it shuts down with windows shut down sound. the Screen is still lit but is like a blank very pail pink. Its okay if I reboot. This is random can use for some time and it does not go of then next time I use it just goes off. XP home 1Gig Ram.

Could it be a possible Driver corruption of Display Driver?

Temp's are okay using speedfan.

rdave13 00:11 04 Apr 09

Shot in the dark here but I'd try re-instating ram modules connections. Sounds like a bad connection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:50 04 Apr 09

Reinstall drivers and switch off power saving options that allow the screen to dim down when on battery only.

laurie53 09:04 04 Apr 09

Loose/defective ribbon connector mobo to lid?

woodchip 13:34 05 Apr 09

This is running on Mains with things to not turn off when on mains

woodchip 13:38 05 Apr 09

This is running on Mains with things to not turn off when on mains. Last post may be the answer, as I said windows is still running but you cannot see nothing hence the shut down Windows Sound when I tap the off switch on the Laptop.It fires strait up with no problems on reboot

Danoh 12:06 20 Apr 09

woodchip; any joy, please? A friend has an HP laptop with a similar problem which he has just told me about & I signed in to see whom else is reporting a similar issue.

woodchip 18:23 20 Apr 09

I upgraded the Graphics driver, also made BIOS so Fan did not turn off when running on Mains. it seams to have worked up to now

woodchip 18:24 20 Apr 09

PS also updated the chipset drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac