hp laptop battery - not much life

Giggsy252 10:30 22 Jun 05

i have had this laptop for just over a year now, and recently i have noticed that the bottery only lasts about 20 mins as opposed to about 90-120 mins when i first bought it.

ANy ideas on how to recover this problem or is the battery dying?

Thnx

Aspman 13:54 22 Jun 05

The battery is probably on it's way out.

Recoverable, I'd say no but some people may know better. Batteries are considered consumables and generally you expect to have to get a new one every so often. I' think you've been unlucky it's only lasted a year but not alot you can do.

You may be able to get a refurbished battery for cheaper then an HP original, you might find they'll buy your old one off you.

click here

Lot of others if you google.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:11 22 Jun 05

Laptop Batteries
click here
click here

woodchip 17:20 22 Jun 05

Try this to refresh the Battery. It may not work but this is how it should be done. Unplug Mains cable run computer till Computer Hibernates. put plug back in to mains to charge but do not switch computer on. You need to do this four time. If it's no better the Battery needs replacing

wiz-king 21:33 22 Jun 05

that overcharging a battery will shorten its life, do not leave it on charge for longer than the recommended time.It is best if you can run the battery nearly flat then charge it for the recommended time and no longer.

woodchip 21:40 22 Jun 05

The info I gave was from the Net

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…