hp laptop

ROBINSON CRUSO 07:56 15 Oct 07

hello all

pavilion dv2535
click here

as from an old post i put up i needed a laptop for editing movies and playing games but as i got a psp form my girlfriend i wont need a game playing machine, all i need now is to edit movies, watch dvds and burn discs does anyone think the laptop above is any good? also it has vista and i have alot of old programs i wont to run on it a shop assitant told me that i could set the program to run in a xp compatability mode so i could use all my old video editing software is this correct?

thanks

€dstowe 08:25 15 Oct 07

Windows XP is far from being dead and you can still buy computers loaded with XP as the operating system of choice. Don't feel that you're being forced into buying Vista just because a shop assistant tells you that it will run in compatibility mode - sometimes it doesn't.

For editing/processing movies you need lots of hard drive space, a reasonably fast processor (any current one is suitable) and at least 1GB RAM.

ROBINSON CRUSO 12:12 15 Oct 07

thanks €dstowe

i was a bit weary of the compatibility mode but do you know of any laptops thats the same as the dv2535 but with windows xp on as i cant find any?

€dstowe 13:31 15 Oct 07

I don't know much about laptops but have you looked at what dabs have available?

This is dabs list of XP laptops - 77 of them click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac