HP iPAQ rz1710 software and active sync

Piggles 19:24 PM 07 May 13

I have an elderly HP iPAQ rz1710 which was originally purchased to run TomTom satnav amongst other things.

I recently decided I would like to resurrect it after many years of neglect but alas my Windows 7 does not recognise it and there does not seem to be an active sync which is compatible with both the iPAQ rz1710 and Windows 7.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to run and link and synchronise the iPAQ rz1710 with Windows 7 and if so how I do it.

It was an extremely expensice commodity at the time of purchase and it would be nice to make use of it again. I would just like to use it as a Pocket PC and would not be using TomTom.

Can anyone please help.

Woolwell 22:31 PM 07 May 13

I suspect that it may not be compatible. Active sync went with XP and is replaced with Windows Mobile Device Centre MS Download.

Piggles 22:37 PM 07 May 13

Thanks for you response Woolwell - that download states " The Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 is only supported on Windows Vista." - not Windows 7.

Woolwell 22:48 PM 07 May 13

Sorry I was thinking Vista which was when I last tried to get an old pda to work.

Piggles 12:16 PM 08 May 13

After "chatting" on-line for over an hour with HP support I was advised that the iPAQ rz1710 is not compatible with Windows 7!

Piggles 12:26 PM 08 May 13

It does not seem to work with Vista either

rdave13 12:54 PM 08 May 13

Have a look here, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/50159-36-sync-ipaq-windows

changing to 'USB Serial Sync Mode' if you have it on your model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know