HP Ipaq h4000 series memory loss

db123 12:20 04 Aug 07

I have been away for three weeks and unfortunately found my pda to be dead upon return. Once connected to the charged it has requested normal set-up and appears to have defaulted to all original settings. Is there anyway I can retrieve the memory? Unfortunately a significant amount of data has not been backed up to my PC .... is this now lost forever?

ton 12:50 04 Aug 07

If you had no backup then I think all is lost.

I usually backup mine onto the SD card, it only takes a couple of minutes, it can then be restored at any time. (There is a program on the PDA to do it).

No help to you now but will help save this hassle next time.

namtas 12:50 04 Aug 07

The data should be all their, as it is strored on ROM as far as I am aware, have you tried doing a hard reset (Cal + Info) Do not do a clean reset as this will clear all. I think that they recoomenend leaving the PDA in its cradle at all times that it in not in mobile use.

ton 12:55 04 Aug 07

You have the option to use ROM storage but if you don't choose this the data is in RAM.

db123 10:38 14 Aug 07

Thanks for response guys ... all data has been lost and i am looking to start again. Will definitely be looking at the SD card option for back-up

scotty 12:45 14 Aug 07

IPAQs come with ActiveSync which will synchronise files, appointments etc with your pc. So when you drop your IPAQ into its cradle to re-charge, it will perform a back-up automatically.

Default save option is to RAM. RAM is powered by main battery and an additional internal battery which takes over when main battery is run down. Unfortunately, this second battery has a limited charge. So it is best to change default file storage to the SD card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…