HP ink level problem

Corporal G 18:57 26 Jul 04

I cannot access the ink level facility on my hpdeskjet 940C. This is the second time that this has occurred. I should be able to reach the ink level information via the Toolbox. But the Toolbox has disappeared. Anyone out there able to help?

wotbus@ 19:26 26 Jul 04

Hello Cpl. If you go to start\programs\Hewlett-Packard\hp deskjet 940c, the drop-down menu should show you Printer Assistant, Quick Help, Relase Notes, Taskbar Icon, Toolbox and Uninstall. If you have already tried this, then try reinstalling the driver disc but remove your driver first using Add/Remove programs (assuming you don't have the drop-down menu mentioned before).

wotbus@ 19:36 26 Jul 04

P.S. I have XP and a 940c. I have to switch the printer on manually to bring up the Toolbox/Check Ink Level information. If I don't then I get a message "Unable to communicate with the printer"!! Apart from that everything is normal - if I want to print anything, on the command "Print" the PC switches it on for me. My old PC had WinMe and I never had this problem but my old PC was a HP so it may be a compatibility issue. I had a lot of problems setting up my HP Scanner and Printer when I bought XP but a visit to the HP site gave me updated drivers for XP.

accord 20:28 26 Jul 04

click here& for driver updates. This may solve your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…