HP G62-105SA Devices and Printers from Control Panel

electron278ts 00:16 AM 11 May 13

I have been having a few problems with my HP G62-105SA. I appeared to have it working OK after a windows reload. However on trying to access Devices and Printers from Control Panel it will not open. The loading bar at the top of Control Panel starts to go green but slows down and Devices and Printers never opens. Any ideas welcome

rdave13 00:42 AM 11 May 13

when you say 'reloaded' do you mean that that the drive was formatted or that you did a 'repair' install?

If you used the partition to restore to factory settings try burning the discs (4 DVDs usually) and start again booting from the first disc.

Otherwise try this, open CMD and type sfc/scannow. Run it a few times as it might not be able to correct all the system files errors at a first run.

michaelw 08:40 AM 11 May 13

Don't forget there's a space between sfc and /scannow = sfc /scannow.

electron278ts 23:30 PM 11 May 13

Hi rdave13 and michaelw.

First I used the recovery disks from HP.This reformats the drive then installs what they call " As supplied " I have followed this procedure a couple of times before without problems.

I did as sugested using sfc /scannow and the first time it said found damaged files and repaired. Ran it twice more and it found no problems. It did not solve my problem however.I will probably end up starting again. Thanks for your ideas.

Trevor

electron278ts 00:47 AM 14 May 13

Anyone who is interested. Solved the problem by removing a USB external hard drive. So problem solved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites