//some 3rd party need geo

HP G55 Power supply

beeuuem 18:50 29 Jul 03

My sister has a G55 which has stopped functioning.
It is out of warranty so HP aren't interested, beyond selling her a new one, as she discoverd after spending half an hour on the 'phone to them.
Power is reaching the machine, the mains indicator light glows, but there is no other sign of life.
My feeling is that an internal fuse may have blown. Does anyone know if the PSU is fused?
Were I closer I'd open it to have a look, but a 4 hour drive isn't an option at the moment.

Philip2 01:56 30 Jul 03

I do not have a HP but my PSU is not fused if you do not know anyone well up in IT take it to PC World clinic.Any beebs from the bios?? if you have a RAM problem computer will not boot.

john-232317 13:03 30 Jul 03

A switch-mode power supply (as fitted to pc's) will not fire up without any load on the main output - you might get a brief burst but nowt more.

A quote from another forum i was just looking at, i would assume main output load would be motherboard ? maybe loose conection ?.

beeuuem 01:40 02 Aug 03

Not resolved - yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…