HP folder opening at startup

joban 19:33 04 Jan 05

I'm fairly certain this is a registry prob (I've looked everywhere else I think but just don't know much about the registry) advice would be appreciated please.

Win 98, installed HP all in one, folder 'C\program files\HP' now opens on startup & is annoying me, petty I know but ....

Cheers, Jo

anon1 19:38 04 Jan 05

have you looked in the windows start up folder? click start all programs then point to the startup icon and see what is in there failing that click start run and type "msconfig" without the quotes then click the startup tab and untick the relevant item

joban 19:46 04 Jan 05

I've searched all the startup places and there's no HP and I've already been down the msconfig route, that's why I think it's a registry prob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:51 04 Jan 05

Crap Cleaner click here issues tab -- scan for issues and fix anything it finds.

octal 19:59 04 Jan 05

If Fruit Bat /\0/\ CC doesn't find anything, go back to msconfig and have a look in the autoexec.bat and config.sys tabs and see if there is a path that points to it, if it does try typing REM at the start of the line. The computer will ignore that line at start-up.

joban 14:30 05 Jan 05

Thanks for all the advice. I finally sussed it. There was an HP entry in msconfig startup for HP1000 firmware (fwdl.exe) related to my 2nd printer (not the all in one which caused the prob) It's been there for ages without any folder opening but when I unticked that all was well and 2nd printer still works! Weird (hope fwdl.exe not important).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…