HP And Ewido

J B 15:37 13 Mar 06

Just a quick question. Just before I download ( for the second time and configure to VoG's directions) will Ewido identify "Backweb Lite" which has been on my HP Laptop since I bought it delete it or leave it alone? The reason for asking is, it is my understanding that HP preloaded this stuff as an aid when it updates the computer. Can anyone please advise so when I install Ewido nothing will be deleted without my knowledge. Also, will Defender keep asking me to allow Ewido to run or is there a way to allow it and keep it that way? Thanks. J.B.

rawprawn 15:56 13 Mar 06

Backweb lite is a program for checking or updating, if you don't want to delete it (I would delete it) you can tell ewido not to, or at worst put it in quaranteen then restore it I can't see how Windows Defender asks you if it,s OK to run Ewido.

J B 20:20 13 Mar 06

Thanks for the reply, but I will hold off for the moment. Will do further research. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…