Hp envy 6-1200ea restarting and logging in loop

meganr0se 21:29 30 Mar 15

When turning on the laptop from shut down the error message of your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart, we're just collecting some error info for you - on a blue screen appears. After this the pc restarts and logs automatically into one account without asking for the password needed to access it. Once logged in the laptop will setup as normal and then the message "your PC will automatically restart in one minute". After this there is a very short time frame before the laptop restarts (without shutting down completely) and logs back into the one account. This occurs in a continuous cycle. As of yet i have not been able to get the laptop to boot in safe mode or enter the BIOS menu on start up - i dont know if i am pressing the correct buttons for these so please advise. Also please note that there are no power options for the computer - the only way to shut it down is to hold down the button. i can also not access pc setting through the charms window. Occasionally a message comes up on loading of the desktop saying "wermgr.exe - application error: the instrucion at 0xc1110d1e reference memory at 0x45a36714. The memory could not be written. Click ok to terminate the programme" The laptop is running windows 8.1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:40 30 Mar 15

Sounds like you have a corrupt file on the hard drive - may also explain your noise problem in your other thread.

Will tapping F8 get you to an advanced tools menu ?

or do you have a windows DVD you can boot from?

meganr0se 17:49 31 Mar 15

The other thread is my other HP envy laptop - the one with the startup loop is my sisters and is silent. I have tried shutting the laptop down completely, turning on and tapping f8 continuously (with and without shift) until login occurs to no avail. I do have a windows dvd - i also have a usb stick with the drive software taken from a healthy laptop which i have used before to restore one of the laptops a year back, i believe that has been tried and not worked as i cannot get the laptop to boot of the usb drive. (i also do not have a cd drive to connect to the laptop at the moment - may need to order one of amazon)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:08 31 Mar 15

Ok click here try F11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…