HP Deskjet 9800 not working.

dolphinaber 13:02 18 Nov 08

Can anybody please tell me how I can find out if the driver and software are in the PC.
Has been working but suddenly stopped. Something Ive done I expect!
I can print a demo page with the Resume button.
Cant find HP 9800 in uninstall to install again.
Helpless again!
Thank you

Woolwell 15:53 18 Nov 08

What operating system?

dolphinaber 17:48 18 Nov 08

Sorry should have mentioned Vista

Woolwell 18:03 18 Nov 08

I expect that the drivers are on the system since you did have the printer working but could have become corrupted.
Go to Control Panel - Hardware & Sound - Printer. You should see the HP. Right click on it - choose properties and click on print test page. If this works then it is a problem with the software that you are using. Otherwise you may need to re-install the driver.

dolphinaber 18:41 18 Nov 08

Thanks Woolwell. No it didnt print a test page. I take it that isnt the same as a demo page.

Woolwell 19:19 18 Nov 08

You need to reinstall the driver. Do you have the driver on CD or did you download it for Vista?

Woolwell 19:20 18 Nov 08

Second thought - Have you tried a system restore to before the print problem began. I would start with this.

dolphinaber 20:21 18 Nov 08

Yes I did a system restore but no luck.
When I try the starter disc and click on Install printer driver all that happens is the Desktop icns dim and brighten all in a split second.
Thats it

Woolwell 22:19 18 Nov 08

This may help click here

dolphinaber 10:31 19 Nov 08

Thanks Woolwell
I did as you suggested Ive got as far HP printers Installing the printer driver located in windows Vista but nowhere to click on except for `obtain software` and there appears nothing in there to help me. Oh for something that just says click here for driver. Not much good at the best of times with PCs so now tearing my hair out!

Woolwell 10:37 19 Nov 08

Control Panel - Printer - Right click on the HP - select run as administrator - properties. On the advanced tab there should be a button marked new driver select that. A wizard will start up, when it gets to a list of printers choose have disc and then it should find your CD with the driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017