hp deskjet 960c problem

superdoc 16:05 19 Mar 03

hp 960C connected to w2k sytem working fine; then suddenly get error message and can no longer print. Error message states that there is 'a system failure, re-install printer drivers'. Downloaded updated drivers from hp website, followed instructions...same outcome. Performed self-test on printer, diagnostic test on printer and cable test (replaced with working IEEE cable from different machine). Tried printing from dos prompt i.e. dir>lpt1 and get no response. Is the printer, the cable or the parallel port that's frazzled? Parallel port using ECP with no DMA call.

recap 16:17 19 Mar 03

Have you checked your device manager to see if there are any conflicts with the lpt1 port or the printer superdoc.

superdoc 16:20 19 Mar 03

Dear Recap...first thing I checked. Checked all the IRQs and the device manager. According to the PC feedback I'm getting, everything is working fine...go figure!

recap 16:56 19 Mar 03

Try changing the port to Com2.

superdoc 17:27 19 Mar 03

Thanks, will try that and the USB port too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…