HP deskjet 895cxi problems

Steve M 21:36 23 Jun 03

Not really looking for a highly technical solution, just wondering if anyone else has had the same/similar problem and whether they were able to solve it. Have had the printer for a couple of years .. I'm generally pleased and have had good results including photographic .. for some reason Yellow has decided to stop printing .. obviously I changed the cartridge (for a new one that I've had on the shelf for approx 6 months but no yellow from that either!) .. the other 2 colours seem unaffected. I've tried head-cleaning, printing test sheets but no change ..under Windows XP I don't seem to have as many 'tool'options as when I was using '98SE e.g.I can't test the PC to printer communication any longer

marcy 21:59 23 Jun 03

Take out colour cartrige and black and check all pins on holders to see if any are stuck in I had this problem on mine. Marcy

Steve M 22:57 24 Jun 03

Thanks for the effort .. but ..no joy.. all the pins seem to have a good tension ... I've ordered a cheap replacement cartridge, if that doesn't print yellow I'll have to start looking for a new printer.. I'm pretty sure repair costs will be close to the cost of a new machine!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…