HP DeskJet 840C; how to clean?

p;3 15:38 30 Aug 09

I have one of these click here
but one of the ink cartriges has leaked and it needs a thorough clean ; it currently will not work though it will switch on but gives me the two error lights all the time ; does anyone have any idea of how it might be cleaned from its ink which is currently under the right hand side where the cartrige holder sits when not in use ; the cartrige holder will not now go all the way to the right but will go all the way to the left ;any ideas? and ps it is well and truly OUT of warranty!!!

jack 16:51 30 Aug 09

click here
The HP forum.

howard64 10:51 31 Aug 09

I followed the instructions from fixyourownprinter and took the case apart then removed the sponge pad. I washed it out then cleaned everything. When I put it all back together it worked perfectly.

p;3 12:56 31 Aug 09

which set of instructions? can YOu pleae link me as I am unable to print anything from this computer

howard64 14:24 31 Aug 09

I am trying to figure out the best way to remove the case on my HP 840C to fix . Do you know the best way to do this?

Re: Remove case HP 840C by Dewaine (12/24/02 12:04 PM) reply + / -
If I'm not mistaken, the 8XX Series has two screws on the top (Above the cables connection area). Remove the two screws first. There are four little plastic latches holding the cover in place, turn teh printer over and carefully unsnap the latches. It should come off very easy after that. Don't force it or you could easily break them. I've just removed the cover from my DJ 855CXi. Have fun!

howard64 14:28 31 Aug 09

once you have the case off you can get to the sponge that sits under the cartridges. Remove it - wash it in warm water - wash all around the container. Put the sponge when clean and dry back in and put the case back on. I did this a few years back and no longer have this printer but it did work fine once done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…