hp deskjet 820cxi

SHAHHARENDRA 21:35 20 Sep 04

i cannot install ny printer.running xp home edition.system does not find new hardware when connected.Insatall of on another pc.Tried removing existing drivers and re installing ,have denstalled and reinstalled ltp1 port but know still no luck in installing via plug and play.Have tried installing manually and still unable to print.last restore is a clean install of xp.Any ideas plse.

Thanks
Harry

dewskit 21:55 20 Sep 04

Suggest you visit HP website click here where you will find a step by step installation if you enter the Model No of your printer

david.h 09:22 21 Sep 04

i have the same printer, the xp drivers are on the windows xp cd and should load automatically. if you go to hp web they will refer you back to the cd.
i did a reformat and forgot about this and the hp web referred me back to the cd so plugged the printer in and followed new hardware wizard all ran ok.

SHAHHARENDRA 15:35 21 Sep 04

have tried installing from xp cd using new hardware wizard and still no luck.Have removed the printer completly.de install the lpt1 port restarted the pc and lpt1 is automatically added but does not find the printer.Can not install printer either by PnP facilty or by manually installing the hardware.

david.h 18:08 21 Sep 04

did the printer work on this computer prior to xp

SHAHHARENDRA 17:48 27 Sep 04

sorry have been away for fwe days.to your question yes the had been working but one day the pc just rebooted possibly due to power surge and since then cannot reinstall the printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…