HP Deskjet 815c not using the yellow ink

reddwarfcrew 13:00 09 May 04

I have a HP deskjet 815c which has stopped using the yellow ink.

I've tried a new cartridge, cleaning the cartridges, new drivers, trying it on a different pc, but to no avail.

Any ideas or is the printer in need of replacement?

alnwrd 15:52 09 May 04

As the 815c has only one colour cartridge, it seems to me that the printer has a fault. I had this model but never experienced this problem. Recently I wanted a printer which would print on cd's and dvd's. PC Advisor recomended the Canon i865. It's teriffic and so quick compared to the old HP. Well worth changing even if the old printer still works.

reddwarfcrew 15:56 09 May 04

Its actually my sisters printer, I do have the Canon i865 myself (the hp 815c was my old one that I passed onto her).

pj123 15:57 09 May 04

I have an HP 815c. It has been in the boot of my car for 6 weeks now. I will dig it out and give it a try and see what I get.

pj123 17:35 09 May 04

Just connected the printer and loaded the drivers.
It seems to print black OK but haven't tried the colours yet. Will do a test print and let you know.

pj123 17:46 09 May 04

No problem. This printer has been sitting in the boot of my car for 6 weeks and have just installed it on a computer. It prints perfectly. All colours and black working fine. If you want it let me know. It's yours for £25 plus the postage. email me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…