HP Deskjet 720C printing problems

johnga 15:56 12 Mar 04

I use a 720C printer (possible 4 years old)and am getting clotting of ink on the print heads of black cartridges. This fact provides streaky or even non-existent printing. If I take out the offending cartridge and clean the print face, I get good copies for perhaps the next ten pages, then the same problem recurs.

At first I thought the root of the problem lay in the print cartridges (mostly re-manufactured, for economy) but I am now wondering if the problem is caused by the printer itself.

Does anyone else have comparable experiences, or can anyone provide me with a clue to the cause? Thank you.

Al94 16:06 12 Mar 04

I had the same problem with a 940C but it was after more than a year of refilling an HP cartridge myself. Bought a new genuine HP cartridge and it's back good as new.

mifsud 16:07 12 Mar 04

I have several HP printers and find that if you dont use them often they clog up.

Another point is the life of the print cartridge.

I suggest giving the printer a good service and or trying an expensive manufacturer cartridge.

Good luck

Belatucadrus 16:12 12 Mar 04

It's probably the cartridge, the fact that the printhead is integrated into it limits the options. As a recycled cartridge it's possible that it's seen multiple refills and is simply worn out, what brand is it ?

johnga 17:08 12 Mar 04

Thanks to all for replies. To Belatuadrus, the answer is Ink Again and PCW (possibly the same re-manufacturer).

Belatucadrus 19:03 12 Mar 04

It looks like you need to try a new HP branded cartridge, but Ink again operate under ISO 9000 standards click here so it's probably worth having a word with them at :- Environmental Business Products Ltd.
22 Abbey Road,
London, NW10 7RE.
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0) 208 838 6888

Facsimile: +44 (0) 208 838 6777

e-mail: [email protected]

The PCW cart, try taking it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…