hp deskjet 710c and XP Home

bpzoom 21:18 16 Aug 06

I am using the downloaded driver from the HP site (year 2001)as the original CD disk software is not compatible with HP. The various printer facilities are only available through My Computer/printers/properties. I can't put anything on the desktop from this to make a more convenient access. Does anyone know if the software is supposed to show you the current level of ink left?. Or does this software pre-date such a facility? If so I presume you wait for the ink light to come on or the print quality to worsen before you know the ink is running out.

User-312386 22:03 16 Aug 06

I had an old Lexmark in 2000 that showed inklevels, although if you took the cartridge out it would assume a new one had been put in and set it to 100%

I assume you are installing this one click here

bpzoom 23:20 16 Aug 06

thanks, yes that is the 2006 version I downloaded but it appears to be only a facility to print images. The main driver is either the 2001 version or the XP listed driver. I wanted to know if it is possible to display the ink levels. Perhaps not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…