hp deskjet 610c

scooby43 15:47 24 Dec 04

hi all having a problem with my above printer. There are two lines on the printer one is green which is the power and the above shows a sheet of paper with an arrow. The problem being whenever I try to print the orange light keeps flashing.

Diodorus Siculus 16:10 24 Dec 04

Could be a paper blockage. Try clearing it out.

Stuartli 16:12 24 Dec 04
  Stuartli 16:14 24 Dec 04
  scooby43 16:17 24 Dec 04

thanks for the replies, I have tried turning it off there is paper jams wonder if its the ink

scooby43 11:54 27 Dec 04

Anyone else have any ideas, or perhaps I need a new printer.

Wak 15:09 27 Dec 04

If you don't get your printer working again and you buy a new printer, could you please let me know (via the yellow envelope) as I have an H.P. 610C Printer but the mains connection box (30 volt DC?) and lead is missing.
Possibly you would let me buy the connection box from you???

Gongoozler 15:56 27 Dec 04

I'm pretty certain that the orange light is warning that there's a paper jam. I'm also pretty certain that the printer has led/diode sensor modules. If there's a build up of paper dust in one of these modules then it will probably signal that there's a jam even if there isn't. I once had a Deskjet 850, and extended it's life by several months by cleaning the led/diode sensor modules with a soft brush and air blast.

Gongoozler 16:03 27 Dec 04

This from a cached HP page via Google:-

RESUME LIGHT BLINKING - POWER LIGHT ON

Problem- Printer senses that there is paper being fed.

Solution

1. Press the RESUME button to feed the paper. Continue with the following steps, if the paper does not feed.

2. Turn the printer off.

3. Open the top cover of the printer.

4. Make sure that paper is not jammed in the printer.

5. Lift the right black rectangular paper sensor (located in the middle of the printer just below the silver rod on which the cartridge carriage slides).

6. Make sure that nothing is stuck under the paper sensor (you can blow under the sensor to remove dust).

7. Close the top cover of the printer.

8. Turn the printer on.

9. Try printing again.

scooby43 19:03 27 Dec 04

ill try those instructions and let you know cheers

Belatucadrus 20:31 27 Dec 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…