HP Deskjet 5150

guesswho2 15:01 13 Jul 09

Suddenly my printer will not print a document. Tried to print a test page - which it did, but still wouldn't print a doc.
Noticed in Device Manager a yellow mark at Marvin Pinnacle(?) Uninstalled and restarted. This time tried to print a few words in Word Pad. Thought it still hadn't printed but then noticed that it HAD printed in a tiny, tiny font size.
Any ideas anyone?

woodchip 16:27 13 Jul 09

try setting font size in printer folder in control panel

woodchip 16:28 13 Jul 09

ps right click your printer\ properties then each with care each tab for settings

guesswho2 16:49 13 Jul 09

Hi woodchip.
I've reinstalled the printer and tried all dodges and eventually discovered that it will print OK in a colour - but not black. When I replaced the black cartridge recently I used one from Phoenix Direct instead of HP. I guess this must be the problem. I'll have to ditch that one and get a genuine HP. So much for my economy drive.

woodchip 16:58 13 Jul 09

Have you tried 7Dayshop? click here

guesswho2 17:06 13 Jul 09

mmmmmm you mean try a different non original brand?
I'll moan to Phoenix first I think!

woodchip 18:13 13 Jul 09

Yes I use them fro computer fair from new on a Multifunction Epson RX 620 6 carts for about £6. Never had a Problem. Bit have used then from Choice Stationery's in the past as I have used 7dayshop with no problems. I only started getting them from computer fairs is because they was there when I went, plus not had no problems

guesswho2 18:17 13 Jul 09

OK woodchip. Thanks for that.

guesswho2 21:27 14 Jul 09

I know that I've marked this as resolved, but I thought I'd just add an update. I decided to replace the non-standard Phoenix cartridge with a genuine HP cartridge and, glory be, perfect printing again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…