Hp Deskjet 3822 Printer Problem

weston 10:24 28 Jan 14

My Deskjet won't recognise the black cartridge. See photo at click here shows the cartridge bays. On the left is the colour one no. 78. There is a spring loaded vertical alloy bar in the centre which connects with the copper contact on the face of the print cartridge when inserted.

The bay on the left is missing the spring loaded bar (the pic shows some solder wire I inserted to try and simulate the bar). Notice also the green ring around the teardrop light indicating the cartridge problem.

The question is should there be a spring loaded bar in the black bay. I cannot remember. I cannot contact hp and they didn't respond to my email request way back. I am trying to avoid throwing the printer away. Thanks.

This

weston 10:26 28 Jan 14

Please note the missing bar reference relates to the bay on the right for the black number 15 cartridge. Apologies.

spuds 10:40 28 Jan 14

HP support was at one time very good and responsive, but all that now seems to be in the past.

But getting back to the original question, I would suggest that a Google search (if you already haven't done so) might bring a better response. Possible missing or broken parts can be a funny thing, unless the product is there for actual inspection. You could also try click here

weston 10:58 28 Jan 14

hello spuds

thanks for the link. I have tried to look-up the problem using google and watching videos on hp's site and facebook but all to no avail. I feel there must be solution somewhere but I cannot find an answer to the question of the bar in the bay. Will pursue the printer fix site more. Weston.

spuds 11:17 28 Jan 14

You could try putting 'broken cartridge spring on hp deskjet 3822' in a Google search. I have just done that, and I think that it might have a very clear answer to your problem, including pictures. Look for the first webpage (HP support) link titles hp deskjet 3810 3816 3820 3820v 3820w 3872 3822 and 3840, which all appears to have the same printer component specifications.

weston 10:32 29 Jan 14

Thanks for the link. Checked it out. Unfortunately does not show the cartridge bays without the cartridges. Could not check the back of the bay for the spring loaded contact. I believe there must have been one originally. Goodness knows where it has gone if there was. All other hp printers I have looked at have some sort of spring connection with the cartridge when inserted presumably to tell the printer the ink cartridge is inserted.

Will look at the clip on top when I get back home.

spuds 13:17 29 Jan 14

I have a number of various printers, and in general I find that replacement is usually the cheapest, quickest and best option if problems arise. Trying to get parts or paying for an agent to repair, usually is far more expensive compared to the price of printer's nowadays. And also think of guarantees or warranties in the short or long term?.

Choosing a replacement printer, would also need consideration to the cartridges used, depending on cost, compatibility and availability!.

weston 10:37 30 Jan 14

Alas Spuds, I agree with you. I have a.n.other printer but would have liked to have solved the problem. It made good prints. I was hoping someone would have been able to answer the original question. Perhaps somebody who has repaired hp printers or someone who has/had the same printer or even HP themselves. Thanks for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5