HP cartridges

the hick 20:47 08 Dec 08

Just bought new black cartridge for 940c printer, usual no is 15, I get home, find I have bought a 45 instead, its the same size, fits in but doesnt work, orange light flashing. Shoould the 45 work OK in this printer?

BRYNIT 22:06 08 Dec 08

From the instructions the No 15 black cartridge is the only one that will work. The No 45 black cartridge although looks identical is slightly different and will not work with your printer.

FatboySlim71 23:21 08 Dec 08

A friend of mine gave me a HP337 black cartridge to try in mine a while back, mine takes HP338 black cartridges, the 337 wasn't accepted by my printer, even though the 337 was identical in shape/size, the reason they are not accepted if they are put in the wrong model of printer is more than likely down to the circuitry on the cartridge.

the hick 08:30 09 Dec 08

Thankyou both for your replies, I suspected this. Another trip to town to change it - i must start buying on-line!

FatboySlim71 14:20 09 Dec 08

I always buy mine online (Play.com) and save quite a bit as well. I worked it out that if I were to buy my HP inks (black and colour) in Argos I would be paying £24 more than I do pay when I get them from (Play.com), that's quite a saving!

the hick 17:24 09 Dec 08

FatboySlim71, my inks are £22 at nearest refill shop, but I take it, yours are HP new ones - £24 is a good saving. I shall look at Play.com now, thankyou.

CodeMeister 18:06 09 Dec 08

I have exactly the same printer as you, and I've found it very temperamental.

I get my cartridges from MX2 in the Channel Islands - Excellent service and very competitive prices.

Sea Urchin 18:13 09 Dec 08

I also use MX2 - always found them to be excellent

click here

SB23 18:30 09 Dec 08

You said you must start buying online, buy them fron HP themselves.
Unless I'm in a rush (can get cheap locally), I order online from HP, always cheaper, free P&P, delivered within days.

Sea Urchin 18:39 09 Dec 08

I've certainly never found HP to be the cheapest - this example is £6 more expensive than my previous link

click here

SB23 18:49 09 Dec 08

I see your point, but for my carts (21 and 22), HP are cheap, and with free P&P its a no brainer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009