HP C4205 Photosmart Printer Problem

Nic 21:40 20 Apr 09

I bought an HP C4205 Photosmart printer/scanner/copier just over a year ago and I am encountering the same problem every time that I turn it on to try and print anything.

Basically, I hook it up via a USB cable after turning it on and waiting for the warm up and everytime it tries and reinstalls the printer software without fail. This leads to multiple instances of the same printer set up and is annoying me no end.

Before I throw it out of the window in disgust, does anyone have any advice on how to stop this from happening?

Many thanks to everyone for reading this.

woodchip 22:02 20 Apr 09

you should leave the printer connected all the time there is no need to pull the plug

there is a critical update on the hp site that hopefully will cure your problem.

provider 2 23:14 20 Apr 09

Software and driver page is linked to this one: click here

However, it might be an idea to do your plugging in and out while the pc is turned off.

That should have much the same effect as leaving it plugged in all the time, and Widows will not have to recognise it every time .

provider 2 23:17 20 Apr 09

Sorry, wrong one: click here&

Nic 20:24 21 Apr 09

Thanks for your help everyone, I will give these updates a go tonight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…