HP C 3180 Problem?

J B 10:41 26 Apr 07

I would like to use Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 as my photo program but also have the recommended software that I installed when I bought the C3180. I would like to uninstall Photosmart Essential and Photosmart express, however, while I can Identify Photosmart Essential for removal I don't know which to check for Photosmart express.I am pretty sure that the HP solution center has to stay but I'm not for sure. I want to retain all the functions of the C3180 but as I said before I want to use Photoshop elements 4 instead of HP. Can anyone help me out? J.B.

ArrGee 11:01 26 Apr 07

If you remove HP Photosmart Premier Software 6.5 from Add/Remove Programs, this should get rid of the express version too.

MAJ 11:29 26 Apr 07

Or you could just associate all your photo files with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 by right-clicking on one of the files, choose 'Open With', select Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 from the list, tick the little box which says something like "always use this program to open files of this type", then click OK.

J B 12:17 26 Apr 07

I don't have Photosmart Premier installed, just Essential and Express. J.B.

ArrGee 13:04 26 Apr 07

Express is probably a part of Essential. On my PC, Express is part of Premier. Have you tried to remove Essential?

J B 13:14 26 Apr 07

Yes I did but Express did not uninstall. Actually there is no mention if it in add and remove programs either. I am just wondering if Express is part of something else. J.B.

ArrGee 16:12 26 Apr 07

Yup, in your case I believe it is part of the HP Solution Centre

J B 16:25 26 Apr 07

That is what I was thinking. Am I right is saying that I need the HP solution center, or can I get along without it? J.B.

ArrGee 17:27 26 Apr 07

It looks like you can get along without it. It just seems to be a utility for HP imaging devices.

J B 18:27 26 Apr 07

Thank you for the help, I uninstalled everything and then did a custom install, that solved the problem. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5