HP B109n Wireless Setup Problem

Legslip 20:45 21 Aug 10

Purchased the above and it would seem that I need a wireless router with my PC plugged in for the printer to work wirelesly. I have a PCI wireless card in my PC. Does anyone know if it's possible to connect ia the card instead of the router? The card software sees the printer but doesn't seem to connect.

woodchip 21:07 21 Aug 10

no it connects direct to the router, it will not work through a wireless card, both are made to connect to the wireless network hub i.e router

Legslip 21:28 21 Aug 10

That's a bummer. I have bought wireless printers before and am sure they communicated with the PC. Wouldn't have bought it if I'd known. £80 for the printer and now £30 for a wireless router. Thanks anyway Woodchip.

Legslip 14:00 23 Aug 10

Further problem with connection. My PC is wired into a hub that is wired back to a router over some distance. I do have a spare wireless router. Is there a way of connecting to or replacing the hub so I can get the printer working.

mrsemm 09:33 10 Oct 10

I've just bought one of these printers and cannot get it to DO anything. It's connected to my wifi fine. My laptop can see it and when I try and print the printer says 'printing' but that's all that ever happens... same for scanning or copying

I haven't managed to print, copy or scan anything. The calibration never completed itself when I first set the printer and I'm randomly getting 'general print error' else printer says it's 'setting up' and 'cannot be interrupted'. I've left it overnight twice to work through its thing, I've reinstalled the software three times. I've tried using it cabled. Nothing. It just feeds paper through sometimes but has yet to put any ink on the paper (yes, ink cartridges are installed).

I have no idea what to do next.

onthelimit 09:40 10 Oct 10

Best to start a new thread for your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…