HP all in one printer problem

Graham ® 09:32 12 Apr 05

I and a friend both have a hp psc 1215 printer installed on XP.

If you start the PC with the printer switched off, a 'printer error' icon appears in the systemtray. Right clicking gives options of 'Status' (shows 'Disconnected') or 'Close'.

Choosing Close removes the icon, but produces an error window 'HP Officejet Com Event Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close'.

Leaving the icon alone, it eventually hides.

HP have no solution so far. Surely you shouldn't need to switch the printer on every time you startup?

spuds 10:34 12 Apr 05

Have you considered re-installing the latest drivers!.

Graham ® 12:12 12 Apr 05

Thanks, yes, the only patch available was for shutdown problems. I downloaded it anyway - no joy.

TomG 12:23 12 Apr 05

Mine does the same - I just ignore it and as you say it goes away.

Graham ® 15:03 12 Apr 05

Well, it's time HP listened to the roaring masses and admitted it's a problem they can't fix!

I have removed all HP devices from the msconfig Startup menu, but when I restart they've come back! Why should that be?

Graham ® 10:24 14 Apr 05

Problem solved, please click here

Foursquare 10:09 05 Apr 06

Since installing MS XP Home SP2 my printer refuses to obey. Each time I try it sets up a queue and will not print until I shut down and restart my PC. I do not share with anyone, I am not a company, and even though I have cleared the Shared Cpmputer Box still I have the same problem, which is now become really irritating.

Graham ® 10:21 05 Apr 06

This thread is a year old! You may get a better response if you start a new subject - perhaps entitled 'SP2 printer problem'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…