HP 959C printer not printing blue colour?

compumac 10:29 30 Sep 09

My HP 959C is now nine years old. It has been a good workhorse but I found this morning that it will not now print in blue. I have three spare colour cartridges and changing the cartridge has had no effect. I have cleaned the contacts and also tried to print from another PC with the same result.
Two questions
1) Any thoughts on corrective action?
2) What recommendations are there for a replacement printer? I have also a dedicated photo printer and a separate Canon scanner. I am not averse to a combined scanner/printer unit.

jack 10:53 30 Sep 09

This is a 'Thermal ink jet' with the 'heads' in cartridge so swapping these around would rule out a simple cart failure.
Trying on another PC rules out data corruption seemingly
So the safe assumption is the printer has had its time.

Which to buy?
Well if you are used to the peculiarities of HP look in that direction.
As you have a dedicated photo printer and a separate scanner- perhaps a cheap general purpose printer will serve.
THe world is your oyster constrained only by depth of your purse.
Allinones can be finicky to use and if the printer goes down you lose also the scanner

I have currently 3 such each a different brand that have discarded as broken by others - in each case I have got them going- and actually use them as a 'Swap-out' service among my 'Flock'

compumac 14:33 30 Sep 09

Any other recommendations for new multifunction unit?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…