HP 720C with XP

Flying Teddy 12:06 03 Jan 04

I have a HP 720C printer which worked extremely well with W98. Having upgraded to XP, the XP driver supplied by MS lacks all the advanced features (eg double sided printing) that the previous driver had. The HP helpdesk basically told me to stop moaning and [email protected] off because they weren't interested (the 700 series is the only series for which they don't provide support!). I cannot load the W98 driver because XP rejects it.

Does anyone know of a supplier of a better XP driver for the 720C than that supplied by MS in XP? Or a way of fooling XP to accept the W98 driver?

BrianW 12:10 03 Jan 04

for that very reason. I hung on to 98se for a long time (in fact it still sits on one partition of my machine) but I was never able to find a competent XP driver for it.

I've been happily using the psc2115 for about a year now. Excellent quality output, particularly good with photos - so long as you don't mind the high ink costs (which I don't).

Dirt cheap to buy in the sales at the moment.

Brian

Valen 12:14 03 Jan 04

Phone HP 0870 010 4320
this is the uk number and ask them you need XP driver. They should be able to tell you how or what to do.

Flying Teddy 12:33 03 Jan 04

Thanks to all for your input.

Looks like I'll have to ditch the 720 - well I have had it for years. Shame really, cos its nice and quiet and prints quite nicely. It's a shame that HP have been so cavalier in their attitude in this area because I'm now not inclined to buy any more of their products again.

I'll tick 'resolved', but if HP are watching, be aware that you've lost a customer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…