hp 6735 bios password problem

alan2k1 17:47 PM 12 Jun 12

hi i have a hp compaq 6735s it was bought in a bathch of none working laptops i have now repaired it but when it powers up it i get a screen

user id martyn domain martyn-pc enter password

i have no idea what this password is i have tried the usual removing the bios battery etc but nothing works

any ideas how i can remove this password ?

thanks alan

alan2k1 18:02 PM 12 Jun 12

futher info i can press escape and f10 at power up and get a choise of paswords to enter either martyn-pc or bios administrator

Terry Brown 20:47 PM 12 Jun 12

When you boot up keep tapping the (depending on setup) either the F5 or the F8 key, this should take you into Safe mode. From there run SIW.exe and look for passwords, and you should be able to see what it is.

http://gtopala.com/

The alternative is to look where the battery is located and you should see a 3 pin slot and a jumper with only 2 pins connected (Normally 1 & 2), by changing this to to 2 & 3, you clear the Bios and any passwords in the system.

The BIOS should reset itself to defaults but if it is corrupted you may need to install a new BIOS.

Leave about 5 seconds and change back.All passwords should now be clear.

Terry

robin_x 21:34 PM 12 Jun 12

Previous thread here. Same model.

Laptops can be tricky.

Another link. See Post 11.

General search. If you haven't already.

Backdoor links

Good luck.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…