HP 6375 OVERHEATING

barryhodges 22:45 05 Apr 10

I thought this was a great bit of kit when I bought it but now it just overheats all the time and shuts down without warning - anyone got a fix before I scrap it? Regards Bazzer

northumbria61 22:58 05 Apr 10

Laptop? You are not using it on your knee and blocking the fans/stopping airflow?

Forum Editor 04:35 06 Apr 10

when they're working - it's a product of the close proximity of the components, and of the fact that everything is crammed into a very small space; there's little room for a cooling air flow.

That's even more reason for ensuring that any ventilator slots on the underside of the casing are not blocked - by using the machine on a duvet or cushion for instance - and that the internal fan is actually running. A faulty fan will rapidly lead to overheating, and the machine will shut down.

You can buy special cooling trays that have an integral fan which draws an airflow over the underside of your laptop, and it might be worth trying one of these if all else fails.

northumbria61 08:29 06 Apr 10

There are several accessories here to keep your laptop cool

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…