HP 610c printer will not work

real bully 22:11 04 Feb 03

I have had an HP 610 c printer for some time which will now not run.
Tried uninstall & reinstalling driver. No good.
Printer itself will work from other pc. In Printer toolbox I get message as follows

" Cannot find HPFECP20.DLL. Windows needs this file to run C:\Windows\HPFtbx20.exe" Any ideas welcome !!

woodchip 22:17 04 Feb 03

The file you are looking for should be on you disc's if they are floppy's or CD look at the discs in Explorer You do not say what Operating System you use if it's 98 copy the file from disc to the System folder in Explorer then try your printer

real bully 22:41 04 Feb 03

Using windows 98 but not clear on your suggestions
I'm just thick !!

woodchip 22:48 04 Feb 03

Open Windows Explorer. if you have HP printer floppy's put them in one at a time and click the floppy drive it will show you the files hopefully in the right column look for the file that you say is missing you may have to go through all the disc's to find the dll file when you have found it just right click on the file and choose copy, then scroll down to the SYSTEM FOLDER not the system32 right click the SYSTEM FOLDER and choose paste

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…