HP 5552 colour printer cartridges

ch0pper 06:03 31 Dec 03

I aquired an HP 5552 colour printer during the summer for a really silly price (£39.99). It's not something I use a lot - indeed mainly for the odd graph and for printing out CD labels and covers that I have designed.

I was well aware that manufacturers churn out low-cost printers only to recoup their costs by considerably overcharging for consumables, i.e. inkjet cartidges.

Well, I've just discovered the cost. HP want me to remortgage my house simple to buy a colour cartridge.

I am aware that there are refill kits available n the shops and over the internet, but have been unable to source such a kit in the UK.

Does anyone have any experience with refilling HP cartridges (how often can it be done, for example) or wher I can get hold of decent quality ink and instructions on where to drill holes etc etc?

Any help will be positively welcomed.

Micklemass 09:08 31 Dec 03

Hello chOpper

Have you looked at click here

Have used them for a couple of years with excellent service and price. Have you the cartridge number?

Jester2K 09:25 31 Dec 03

also look at click here

961 10:02 31 Dec 03

Long sad experience has taught me it's not a good idea to re-fill colour cartridges.

However buying remanufactured or compatible colour cartridges is a good idea. There are some good suppliers in the above posts and you can also try click here Make sure you buy cartridges that are fully filled. Some suppliers give the same amount of ink as the originals whereas others fill the cartridges to capacity. These will often last three or four times as long

Re-filling black cartridges is worthwhile, but if you buy black and colour cartridges together from some of the above suppliers the difference in cost makes it all not worth the bother.

shifty 12:02 31 Dec 03

I have an HP 5550 and got my cartridges from click here A re-cycled no56 black cartridge was £9.95 and £12.95 for the no57 re-cycled colour. I have had the same quality output from the re-cycled cartridges as from the new, and you can still re-fill them. I use alot of ink and have just re-filled a re-cycled cartidge for the third time. You only pay 95 pence postage no matter what size your order is. Re-fill kits such as JR inket are widely available, my local Morrisons supermarket had a buy one get one free offer on recently.

timber 12:32 31 Dec 03

Hello Chopper

have used these people for a while now with no problems

click here

happy new year to you and watch that golden liquid

craig

ch0pper 03:27 01 Jan 04

Many thanx to all.

I've ordered some remanufactured cartridges.

I know - I'm a coward!

961 09:40 01 Jan 04

No you're not!

There are more things to life than ending up with a multi coloured sink to save 2p

Happy new year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced